Modern slavery is a heinous crime and a morally reprehensible act that deprives a person’s liberty
and dignity for another person’s gain. It is a real problem for millions of people around the world,
including many in developed countries, who are being kept and exploited in various forms of slavery.
Every company is at risk of being involved in this crime through its own operations and its supply
chain, including freelancers who work for us on one-off and ongoing projects.
At Regent Branding Ltd, we have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, and are fully committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our operation and working processes. We have taken concrete steps to tackle modern slavery, as outlined in our statement. This statement sets out the actions that we have taken to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to our business, and to implement steps to prevent slavery and human trafficking during the financial year 2020.
Our business and working processes:
– Regent Branding is a digital agency that specialises in development and marketing, using techniques and assets to offer clients quality online exposure.
Regent Branding works with a team of freelancers all over the world, primarily for:
- Mobile app development
- SEO strategies
- Game development (both app and HTML5)
- PPC Strategies
- ASO Strategies
- Influencer marketing plans
- Website design and development
Regent Branding has freelancers operating in the following countries:
We establish a relationship of trust and integrity with all our freelancers, which is built upon mutually beneficial factors. Our freelancer selection and on-boarding procedure includes due diligence of the their reputation, respect for the law, compliance with health, safety and environmental standards, and references.
Regent Branding Ltd operates the following policies for identifying and preventing slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
– Whistleblowing Policy – we encourage all employees, customers and freelancers to report any suspicion of slavery or unethical behaviour without fear of retaliation.
– Code of Conduct – our code encourages employees to do the right thing by clearly stating the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing the business. We strive to
maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating abroad and managing our freelancer network.
Freelancer due diligence
Regent Branding Ltd conducts due diligence on all new freelancers during on-boarding and on existing freelancers at
regular intervals. This includes:
– Assessing risks in the provision of particular services.
– Auditing the freelancers, and their health and safety standards, labour relations and contracts.
– Requiring improvements to substandard employment practices
– Sanctioning freelancers that fail to improve their performance in line with our requirements
We require all suppliers to attest that:
– They don’t use any form of forced, compulsory or slave labour
– Their employees (if they work with any) work voluntarily and are entitled to leave work
– They provide each employee with an employment contract that contains a reasonable notice
period for terminating their employment
– They don’t require employees to post a deposit/bond and don’t withhold their salaries for
– They don’t require employees to surrender their passports or work permits as a condition of
This statement covers 1st January 2022 to 31st July 2023 and has been approved by the the Managing Director of Regent Branding Ltd, Hamzah Malik.